Saturday, July 25, 2009

Man of the Year

Man of the Year absolutely sucks. I hate it more than any other movie I can think of. Ok, that may be a little too much. there are worse movies but this one is just terrible. Terrible and bad. Terribad. It's a movie that came out a few years ago and it stars Robin Williams as a famous stand-up comedian who runs for president. OH HOW RIDICULOUS GO ON! The only problem is that they spend half the fraking movie in suspense trying to find out whether or not he, a lowly stand-up comedian, can become president. This is a forty-five timesink since the trailers, posters, DVD box, and anything else advertising the movie tells you that a comedian is president. You can just read the back of the DVD and skip through most of this movie. so Robin Williams is a comedian and the president now. This is where the genre of the movie oddly changes. And by oddly I mean "oh what the heck did I accidentally turn on a another movie?" You didn't, but you're going to wish that you did. The next bit focuses on some chick who investigates how a comedian could become president. The movie tries to be some sort of spy espionage sci fi thing but it fails in everything. Turns out Robin Williams didn't win the presidency. So when a child was to be a comedian you can stop holding out hope that they'll be president someday. You're raising a Robin Williamsesque failure. So anyway the chick find out that the voting machines were glitched. Also, no one ever bothered to fix this. Oh, our crappy voting machines may change the results of the election? Well I guess we got paid so let's use them. The glitch causes people with double letters in their names to get more votes. Then they have a reelection or something and I don't know. I can't even remember the ending to this thing. I don't even care anymore. I hate this movie. I've hated this movie since I saw it. Everyone involved deserves a swift kick in the face. Except Lewis Black. His part was alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment