Sunday, July 26, 2009

CN Real

Cartoon Network has live-action shows now. That makes absolutely no sense to me. The network I begged for as a child so I can watch cartoons all day now shows things that aren't cartoons on a regular basis. I still watch cartoon Network too. Flapjack is one of my favorite shows now. But even though it doesn't make sense and I know I should be angry, I love CN Real.

Ok, the first two shows are actually terrible. The first is Survive This! and it's like Survivor but with doofy kids. I already hate Survivor and there's nothing here that improves on the concept. Unless you like watching starving little kids. Then you should just keep people from sponsoring African children.

The next show is The Othersiders. This is like a Ghosthunters thing. Children are not qualified to hunt ghosts. That is just a fact of life. It's a bunch of stupid "We're friends and we find ghosts oh look my science has found a ghost and now the episode is over" And then then stupid episode is over. Real ghosts are not interesting. The Real Ghostbusters is a much much better show.

Destroy Build Destroy is not terrible. It's a show where people destroy things. Then they build things out of the destroyed things. Then they destroy again. It's all hosted by Andrew W.K. which kind of makes it all worthwhile. I've only heard like two of his songs but he is awesome for some reason. Ok, I'm watching the show now and at the end Andrew W.K. shot a child's makeshift car with a tank. I want a spinoff that takes out the children so it's just Andrew W.K. driving a tank and destroying entire cities. But for now Destroy Build Destroy is satisfying enough.

The last show, and my personal favorite, in Brainrush. It's like a watered down Cash Cab but on a rollercoaster. Some very childish side of me get so psyched every single time think of that concept. I just have to say it over and over with different emphasis. It's like Cash Cab, but on a rollercoater. Cash Cab but on a freaking rollercaster. CASH CAB on a ROLLERCOASTER. The questions are understandably easy but it's hilarious to see a kid almost having a panic attack on a rollercoaster trying to figure out whether or not Aquaman is a superhero or a supervillain.

CN Real is pretty awful. It's still more watchable than 6teen, Total Drama Island, and several of their other cartoons. Except Flapjack and Chowder. I love those shows so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment